Friday, November 23, 2007

Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce

Cake:
3 Tbs. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c. evaporated milk
2 c. fresh cranberries

In a large bowl, cram butter and sugar together, Sift in all dry ingredients and add evaporated milk and blend well. Add cranberries and fold to mix. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cake may be served warm or at room temperature.

Butter Sauce:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In medium sauce pan combine butter, sugar and whipping cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Serve hot over the cake.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you had this blog. I guess I never looked to the sidebar. I LOVE to cook so I will be trying some of your wonderful recipes!!!
    Shay

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails