Thursday, July 24, 2008

Curried Israeli Couscous

Curried Israeli Cous Cous
1 - 8.8 oz. bag Israeli couscous
2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and then diced finely
3/4 cup golden raisins
1 cup baby white corn
3 Tbs. Jamaican curry powder (or more to taste)
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Prepare the couscous according to directions on bag, but substitute low sodium chicken or vegetable broth for the water. Once made, transfer couscous to a large mixing bowl and set aside.

In a separate saucepan, heat oil and add onions, jalapeno peppers, raisins, corn and curry powder. Cook 5 minutes on low heat, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until heated through. Pour the curry mixture over the couscous. Stir well. Add the chopped cilantro. Toss well. Serve at once or chill for use later. Personally, I think it tastes best the second day, served cold, after the flavors have all had time to really come together.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa: I finally had a chance to try this. I did make a couple of changes, but I don't think it changed it much. I thought it ws delicious. I added a couple cloves of garlic, because I love garlic and I added garbanzo beans for a little more protein. I took one bowl to my son's for a Labor Day picnic and still had enough to serve that evening when friends came over for a last minute BBQ. It was a hit all around. Yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your receipes. We have tried the quesadillas! Great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails