Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lasagna Soup

IMG_6746 It's been rainy and a bit chilly here lately so I've been in a soup mood. I've seen a numerous recipes for Lasagna soup and they’ve sounded good so I played around and made my own version. It was delicious, a bit spicy and all three of us enjoyed it very much.  If you’re a bit sensitive to spice I’d recommend using half hot and half sweet sausage to cut down on the spice a bit.  I served the soup with a nice slice of garlic Texas toast and it was a delicious, hearty and filling meal.

Lasagna Soup 

In a stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until caramelized. Add the sausage and garlic and cook, breaking up the sausage with a spoon until sausage is browned. Add zucchini, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, diced tomatoes with the juice, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 25 minutes. Add the pasta and cook according to pasta directions until pasta is done, about 8 minutes. Stir in fresh basil and spinach allowing them to wilt into the soup.

In a small bowl combine the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, pepper and 2 TBS fresh chopped basil. To serve, ladle soup into bowl and add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture to each bowl.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy but too spicy for my kiddos! I think next time I might just use regular italian sausage rather than hot or a mix of sweet and hot. But Chris and I really really liked it spicy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and if you aren't going to polish off all the soup in one night I would cook the past separately so it doesn't soak up all the liquid.

    This is a keeper! Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this a couple months ago and we loved it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this soup. My recipe is almost identical to this one. :) I've made it several times and it is always a hit.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails