Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Blondies

IMG_7572 I made these blondies for a Halloween themed play date and they were not only super simple to make but delicious to eat! They were super moist and I loved the crunch of the nuts but next time I make them I’ll cut the amount of chocolate bits by half as *I* felt they were a bit too chocolaty but otherwise I loved them as did everyone else.

Pumpkin Blondies

1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
1 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate bits (I would only use half the bag)

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.

In a large bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the pumpkin pie spice and salt and blend. Add the eggs and pumpkin puree and blend until smooth. Mix in the flour until fully incorporated. Stir in the pecan halves and chocolate bits. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the center is set. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. These really were delish. Thanks for bringing them on Friday. I'll have to make them for my gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try them! Thanks for linking up to 5 Flu-Fighting Foods! I hope you'll come back next week and link up a breakfast recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thanks for linking up to our flu-fighting foods,and I hope you join us next week with your favorite breakfast ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails