Chinese Five Spice Wings with Labneh & Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 20 whole chicken wings, cut into flats & drumettes, tips discarded
- 4 TBS. Chinese five spice powder
- 2 TBS cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup labneh*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of finely minced cilantro
- sea salt & ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl mix together the five spice powder, cayenne, salt & pepper. Add wing pieces and toss to coat until all the spices are attached to the wings. Lay the wings skin side up on an aluminum foil lined baking sheets and bake for 25-30 minutes.
While the wings are cooking, mix together all the dipping sauce ingredients and allow for the tastes to blend.
Serve the spicy wings with the cooling sauce.
* you can substitute 1/4 cup sour cream mixed with 1/4 cup cream cheese for the labneh.