Friday, July 20, 2007

Lemon squares


Dough:

2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. confections sugar
1 c. butter

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix sugar and flour then cut in butter until particles are the size of small peas. Work dough with hands and press in the bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the sides of a lightly greased 13x9-inch glass pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch.

Filling:

1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
4 lg. eggs
2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. grated lemon peel
5 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
confectioners sugar, for dusting.

While crust is baking, mix flour & baking powder and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir in sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and flour mixture. Pour mixture onto hot crust. Bake 25 minutes or until set and top is slightly browned. Cool completely before cutting. Dust top with additional confectioners sugar.

3 comments:

  1. I found you! I remembered you saying you had a cooking blog. Now I know where to find it! :)

    I'm off to read some recipes. I saw the mint brownies were here. I may have to borrow that recipe. Those were killer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..I just saw this today on your blog and can I tell you how excited I am. I enjoy hearing about all that you can make and now I can try to make a few.
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying two of your recipes...of course since I have the biggest sweet tooth, it's desserts...
    Thanks,,,glad I found this blog while reading about your adorable princess. :)
    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails