Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars

Oatmeal barsThese are delicious lovely little bar cookies that are quick to put together and totally delicious!  What I especially love about these bars is that they freeze beautifully and you can eat them straight from the freezer and when you do they’re a bit chewy and oh-so yummy!

Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars  

1 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter, cut in pieces
1 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
3/4 c. seedless raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 375F. Spread 3/4 cup coconut on a baking sheet and toast in middle of oven, stirring once until golden, about 8 minutes, then cool. Blend together flour, sugars, salt in a food processor then add butter and blend until dough begins to form. Transfer to a bowl and kneed in oats and toasted coconut until combined well. Reserve 3/4 cup of dough, then press remainder evenly into the bottom of a buttered 13-by-9-inch metal baking dish and spread jam over it. Crumble reserved dough evenly over jam then sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup (untoasted) coconut. Bake in middle of oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes, then cool completely in pan on a rack. Loosen from sides of pan with a sharp knife, then lift out in one piece and transfer to cutting board, Cut into 24 bars.

Enjoy

Blog Parties I may be attending:  Cast Party Wednesday, Delectable Tuesday, Everyday Sisters Sharing Sundays, Fat Camp Friday, Food on Fridays, Food Trip Friday, Foodie Friday, Fresh Food Friday, Friday Favorites, Friday Food, Friday Potluck, Full Plate Thursday, Homemaker Monday, Jam Hands, Let’s do Brunch, Make a Food-e-Friend Mondays, Mangia Monday’s, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Menu Mondays, Mingle Monday, Mommy’s Kitchen, Mouth Watering Monday, Savory Sunday, Seasonal Sunday, Simply Delish, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday’s, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, This Chick Cooks, This Week’s Cravings, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tuesday Time Out, Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits, Recipes I Can’t Wait to Try, What’s Cooking Wednesday, What’s on the Menu Wednesday, Your Recipe My Kitchen

18 comments:

  1. Yum! Those sound really good and not too difficult either. Love the plate you photographed them on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo makes my mouth water! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Totally Tasty Tuesdays. These look wonderful. I love cookies, I love raspberries. What more can I say? I will be in big trouble if I make these and put them in my freezer. Every time I walk by my freezer mouth will want hand to get some. Hand will resist, mouth will insist. Mouth will win! Thanks for posting. I look forward to exploring your blog further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! Would you come by my Cast Party Wednesday Link Party tomorrow and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I love making bars, they are easy to make and they are so good.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combination and they look moist and decadent

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really made them so yummy-looking! I want some of your Raspberry bars!
    Please check my FTF entry for this week: Homemade Puto with Blueberries, Honey Almonds, and Cheese
    Much ♥,
    Pearl
    Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great that yo can freeze these tasty treats. Thanks so much for sharing on Momtrends' Friday Food linky. Stay cool and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up with Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits. These look really delicious. I was looking for an oatmeal bar recipe that I might could turn into a gluten free dish...for my daughter. This looks like one I might could do it with. I love the coconut twist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum Yum Thanks for the recipe....Mine is up at FTF No. 21. Hope you can visit back...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your oatmeal coconut raspberry bar looks tempting! I'd like to have a bite! Yum! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/07/food-trip-friday-mangan/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, I want to decorate that rather than eating it hehee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa,
    What a beautiful presentation and the Bars just look delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and please come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, that looks really delicious and bars full of flavors! thanks for sharing your recipe! visiting late from FTF, have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Menu Monday last week! Hope to see you at today's link up: http://myfaithandfamily.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/triple-chocolate-crockpot-delight/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love coconut and love raspberry. I just saved these and I can't wait to make them, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails