Monday, February 13, 2006

Love Cakes filled with Lemon Curd

Make your favorite white cake recipe (box or scratch) as cupcakes. Fill the cup papers only half way as you need room in the cups to add the glaze later. Bake and cool completely.

Lemon curd recipe is here, make and cool completely. Or you can use store bought.

Put cooled lemon curd in a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip. From the top center of each cupcake, insert the tip and squeeze in a small amount of lemon curd.

I don't have a recipe or amounts, but the glaze is just icing sugar, lemon extract, some food coloring and water. Just mix to a thick glaze and spoon quickly on to top of cakes so that it settles nice and smooth. If the icing starts to get too thick, thin with a little more water. Allow icing to dry at room temp. for a few hours. Refrigerate.

If you make these delicious cakes, be sure to post pics and let me know how they turn out.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails