Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tom Kha Gai

Whenever we go out for Thai food this is my soup of choice.  Tom Kha Gai is delicious as it’s just a bit creamy because of the coconut milk, it has a perfect blend of sweet and sour and just the right “kick” of spice and heat.  What makes this soup even better is that it’s oh-so simple to make and freezes beautifully.  I usually make a double batch as I love having this soup in my freezer ready for an easy dinner on a cold night or anytime I have the craving.

tom kha gaiNot a beautiful picture but a truly gorgeous tasting soup.

Tom Kha Gai  

4 c. chicken broth
1 TBS. lemon grass, fresh minced
3 TBS. Thai fish sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS. fresh grated ginger
3 Serrano peppers, thinly sliced into rounds
2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
juice of 4 limes
2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk
2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and sliced thinly
1 (10 oz.) can straw mushrooms, drained
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped

In a stockpot, bring the chicken broth, lemon grass, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, Serrano peppers, chili-garlic sauce and juice of 4 limes to a boil. Stirring, add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add chicken allowing it to cook through in the hot liquid. Add the drained mushrooms and the cilantro and allow the heat of the soup to warm them through.  Easy-peasy and delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails