Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts

IMG_4607I am not a brussels sprouts lover but for some reason this recipe on Pinch My Salt just caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.  Wow am I ever glad that I made this as it was delicious and every non-brussels sprouts lover who tried it Thanksgiving absolutely loved it.

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts (Adapted from here)

2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
6 slices thick cut bacon
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil; set aside.  In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.  Remove bacon, cut or crumble into pieces, and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan (if there aren’t enough drippings to equal 2 tbsp, add a little butter or oil).  Heat drippings over medium-high then add shredded brussels sprouts.  Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.  Remove from heat and stir in bacon, walnuts, and dressing.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails