Thursday, April 4, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala

IMG_6156eOne of Eammon’s favorite dishes is Chicken Tikka Masala so when I saw this slow cooker version at Julie’s Table for Two, I just had to give it a try.  The smell of it cooking all day drove us crazy as the aroma was gorgeous and when we tasted it, well pure perfection.  I actually got all the ingredients mixed together in the crock insert of my slow cooker the night before I planned to make it, left it in the fridge over night and in the morning, popped the ready-to-go crock in the crockpot, turned it on and a few hours later we were enjoying a delicious meal…and only the crock to clean up!  Make this dish, you won’t be disappointed.

IMG_6152eSlow Cooker Chicken Tiakka Masala  (slightly adapted from here)

Place everything up to and including the bay leaves into the removable crock of a slow cooker.  With a spatula, stir to combine everything and make sure the chicken is coated well.  Refrigerate overnight or use immediately.  When ready to cook, place the crock into the slow cooker, cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.

When done, in a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and corn starch, then pour the mixture into the crockpot and gently stir. Let cook an additional 20 minutes to thicken up.

Serve hot over a bed of rice and garnish with cilantro.

Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, this recipe also freezes and reheats beautifully.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I will definitely try this. Do you have any easy Saag Paneer recipes? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a chicken tikka masala snob...it was quite good. I added a little lemon juice at the end and may try adding green peppers to the mix the next time I try it. But all in all it was a flavorful recipe that was waiting for me in the crockpot when I got home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a chicken tikka masala snob...I thought it was quite good. I added a little lemon juice at the end and may use green peppers in the mix of ingredients next time. But, all in all it was a flavorful recipe that was waiting for me in my crockpot when I got home. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails