Sunday, September 4, 2011

Nutella No Bake Cookies

I know that we made something similar before, back when Maisie and I made Math Book No Bake Cookies but when Aimee over on Sugary Sweets posted her recipe for Nutella No Bake Cookies, well we just had to make them.  Nutella is just the bomb and it made what were already delicious sweet little treats just that much better. 

IMG_0355eMaisie with her mouth full, displaying her cookies.

IMG_0337eMaisie loves scooping out the cookies.

IMG_0339eShe’s also a good taste tester, even before her work is completed.

I did change Aimee’s recipe a bit in that I used Old Fashioned oats instead of quick oats, because that’s what I had in the house.  The difference in using Old Fashioned or rolled oats in place of quick oats is that the cookies are a bit chewier, which we all enjoyed.  I also made the cookies in the microwave instead of on the stove top because it works easier for Maisie.

IMG_0357e

Nutella No Bake Cookies (adapted from here)

2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa 
1/2 cup milk (I used skim) 
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup Nutella
3 cup Old Fashioned oats

In a microwave safe bowl combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.  Heat in one minute intervals stirring after each minute until the butter and is melted and all the ingredients are combined.  Once the ingredients are all melted and combined, microwave on high for two minutes.  Remove from the microwave and add the vanilla, salt, peanut butter & Nutella.  Stir to combine until smooth.  Stir in the oats until combined.  Drop by teaspoon or cookie scoop onto a Silpat or wax paper.  Refrigerate until they are set.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I will have to try this recipe with Nutella. You know, I don't think I've ever bought a jar of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great too - love that nutella! The linky is open..not sure why it was showing as closed. Probably some html error of mine,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nutella no-bake cookies...what a fabulous idea (why didn't I ever think of that?)! They look wonderful, I will be giving them a go. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Those look delish. Love that there is a mix of nutella, peanut butter and chocolate in there. :) Can't wait to try em out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh great looking cookies! Being Italian, I have grown up eating Nutella and I LOVE it. I have bookmarked this... I am sure my girls (and I) will enjoy these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have definitely made an already fantastic cookie into something extraordinary by adding the Nutella. I can tell by Maisie's photos that she agrees. You know, I had never had Nutella until this year and probably should have kept it that way. Ohmygoodness! I have a slight addiction now. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious cookies!! and she is so cute!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I found your blog on the crazy cooking challenge. You have a great blog looks so yummy :) Check out my food blog

    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails