Friday, October 26, 2012

Broiled Tomatoes

IMG_5183eIn years past we’ve had hit or miss luck with growing tomatoes but this year the stars must have aligned as we got gorgeous tomatoes out of the garden all season long.  While I’m happy to eat them raw…continuously, Eammon prefers them added into things and/or cooked so I made him some Grilled Tomatoes
I’m telling you, nothing could be easier, a tomato cut in half, topped with a tasty herbed cornflake crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture and then popped under the broiler to cook.  The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it’s so adaptable to whatever taste you desire or what you have in your pantry.
IMG_5181eBroiled Tomatoes
Pre-heat oven to 450F.  Wash and remove the stem core from the tomatoes and cut each in half from crosswise, NOT stem to blossom.  Place the tomatoes cut side up on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet which has been sprayed with cooking spray.  In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.  Top each tomato half with about 1 Tablespoon of the cornflake mixture and then lightly drizzle with olive oil.  Place in the oven for approx. 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften.  Then turn off the oven and turn on the broiler to hi and move the baking sheet about 3-inches from the broiler and allow the topping to get golden brown.  Remove from broiler and serve.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I am new to the blogging world and I am not really sure of the protocol. My next post is on my favourite pins and I would like to use one of your recipes. (it isnt actually this one, though it does look delicious, but I thought it would be better to comment on something more recent) anyway, I want to do a link to my pinterest board (which would ultimately direct them to your blog), include the picture and then also add a link to your page basically explaining where I found it. Is that ok? Is that the right thing to do? thanks a lot Shannon(PS my email is info@salubrious.co.nz, not sure if I have set it up right or not! :) )

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails