Saturday, October 20, 2012

Marshmallow Pops

IMG_5728eSo what do you make to send to school for a girl’s birthday when she’s allergic to wheat, egg & dairy yet you want something special?  For my Maisie, that special treat was Marshmallow Pops.  Super simple to make, colorful and the perfect treat for my girl!

IMG_5718eI first dipped the sticks in some melted chocolate and inserted them in the giant marshmallow.  I allowed them to set so that the marshmallow was securely attached to the stick as I didn’t want them sliding off on the kids.

IMG_5723e After a skim coat of chocolate, and I do mean a skim coat as thick chocolate doesn’t work well on these, I sprinkled the ones Maisie would be taking to school with nonpareils.

IMG_5724e I thought these pops were so fun I decided to make some for her spa birthday party too.  The birthday party ones I sprinkled with jimmies, or sprinkles for you non New Englander’s. 

IMG_5747eBirthday girl Maisie adored her Marshmallow Pops and said that her classmates loved them too.

IMG_5725eMarshmallow Pops

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate bits with a small amount of coconut oil being careful not to over heat.  Once the chocolate is mostly melted, remove and stir to melt the remaining chocolate.  Add additional coconut oil to thin the chocolate if it is thick but you don’t want it too thin and runny, just nice spreading consistency.  Dip one end of the lollipop stick into the chocolate and then insert into one of the flat ends of the marshmallow, until almost all the way through and place on a tray, stick pointing up.  Once all the sticks have been inserted, place the tray of marshmallows in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set so that the marshmallow is securely fastened to the stick.  Once set, one by one, using a small offset spatula, lightly, very lightly, coat the entire surface of the marshmallow with the melted chocolate.  Sprinkle* the freshly spread chocolate with the topping of your choice.  Poke the stick into a block of foam so not to mess up the chocolate and refrigerate the Marshmallow Pops until the chocolate is set.  Once the chocolate is set the pops do well staying at either room temperature or in the refrigerator.

* I found sprinkling the topping on the chocolate worked best, gave me the best coverage and didn’t make the toppings look flat and mashed into the chocolate.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails