Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pressure Cooker Balsamic Collard Greens

IMG_6641e I totally admit that I have no earthly clue on how to make a big ol’ bowl of collards look beautiful in a picture, but what I do know is how to make them taste amazing!  This recipe takes five minutes of hands on work, 20 minutes in the pressure cooker and then you’ll be eating some of the most delicious collards you’ve ever tried.  Though I do love me some southern collards rich with bacon, ham hocks and butter, this recipe is much more diet friendly and so packed with delicious flavor, I don’t even for a moment miss those other ingredients.  I hope that you’ll give this recipe a try and trust me, you’ll be licking the bowl.

IMG_6643ePressure Cooker Balsamic Collard Greens

Add the stock, olive oil, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Whey Low Gold, salt & pepper to the pressure cooker and stir to mix.  Stir in the onion and garlic.  Add the collard greens and seal the pressure cooker.  Over high heat bring to full pressure and then reduce temperature to low.  Cook for 20 minutes.  Remove the pressure cooker from the heat and either run it under cold water or release the steam via the valve.   Open and stir to coat all the collards with the sauce. 

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I love balsamic vinegar and these collards must have been very tasty not to mention healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is a home run. ..6 bunches of mustard/kale vanished in minutes.
    An in-law was still raving about it 3 days later...an old school soul who could not believe so much flavor could be derived without het traditional hamhock or turkey neck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is a grand slam...6 bunches of Mustard/Kale, shared among 3 adults, vanished in minutes...A relative could not believe that much flavor came forth without her traditional ham hock or turkey neck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is a home run. ..6 bunches of mustard/kale vanished in minutes.
    An in-law was still raving about it 3 days later...an old school soul who could not believe so much flavor could be derived without het traditional hamhock or turkey neck ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails