Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cheesy Cauli Mashed “Potatoes”

IMG_5922eYears ago I made cauliflower mashed “potatoes” all-the-time and adored them.  I remember making all sorts of varieties and I looked forward to trying all the variations and I always enjoyed them, but for some reason I just stopped making them and I haven’t had them in years.  A few months back I wasn’t feeling great, my stomach was bothering me and my doc recommended eating soft, pureed type foods and one of the suggestions was mashed potatoes.  Though they sounded good, I’ve been trying to avoid carbs so they just weren’t calling my name but then I remembered my Cauli-Mash of the past and instantly I had the craving and knew it would be perfect. 

Such wonderful memories and my Cauli Mash was just as delicious as I remembered.  The ones I made and photographed were pretty basic but at the bottom of the post are a few of the variations I used to make and now that I have “found” my recipe, I’ll be making these again and again. 

IMG_5927eCheesy Cauli Mashed “Potatoes”

Prepare one recipe of Cauli-Rice and cool slightly.  Place the Cauli-Rice in a cloth tea towel (not paper towels as there is too much liquid and they are not strong enough) and wring out as much of the liquid as possible, pushing and twisting on the ball of Cauli-Rice.  In a small microwaveable bowl, heat the heavy cream and butter, until the butter is melted.  Add the warm butter/cream mixture, the wrung out Cauli-Rice and the shredded cheese  to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

Variation 1:  Garlic Cauli-Rice  When preparing the Cauli-Rice, mince 4 cloves of garlic, mix it in with the cauliflower before microwaving and cook it in with the Cauli-Rice.

Variation 2:  Loaded Cauli-Mash.  Prepare Cheese Cauli Mashed “Potatoes” and top with crumbled bacon, diced green onions and extra cheese.

Variation 3:  Hot Wasabi Cauli Mash:  Replace the sharp white cheddar cheese with an equal amount of hot wasabi cheddar cheese…YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails