Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easy White Corn Tortilla Pizza

IMG_5904eSometimes I make Maisie “safe” pizza dough and I try to keep some in the freezer but when I run out and time is short, I make “safe” gluten, egg & dairy free pizzas fast and easy using white corn tortillas.  Recently Maisie has said that she actually prefers these pizzas to when I make gluten-free dough so these may become her standard go-to pizza.  I’ll tell you, they are so simple, I’m happy not to make dough and the speed at which these can be made versus waiting for my dough to rise…well no comparison.

IMG_5898e I lightly toast the tortillas in a dry cast iron skillet, on both sides, until they are just a bit crispy.  You can see the difference between the toasted and the uncooked tortilla. 

IMG_5899e I then lay the tortillas on a baking sheet lined with either a Silpat, parchment paper or aluminum foil

IMG_5901e I add Maisie’s favorite toppings and then it’s into the broiler to quickly bake the toppings on to the crust.

IMG_5706eA delicious and “safe” pizza for my girl.

IMG_5908eEasy White Corn Tortilla Pizza

Heat a large cast iron skillet and lightly toast both sides of the tortilla.  Lay the toasted tortillas on a baking sheet lined with either a Silpat, parchment paper or aluminum foil.  Add light toppings* to the tortillas.  Place the pan of pizzas under the broiler and allow the cheese to melt, watch carefully as it only takes a couple of minutes.

* If you add meats and vegetables, they need to be fully cooked as they are really only warmed when the pizza is put under the broiler.

Servings:  Maisie generally eats 2-3 pizzas for a meal.  I layer the leftover pizzas with wax paper or plastic wrap between them, wrap and refrigerate.  To reheat, I arrange the slices on a plate and microwave just until hot.  The pizzas can also be reheated in a cast iron skillet, this re-crisps the bottom of the pizza.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails