Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zucchini Fritters

  • 4 cups grated zucchini
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 medium Vidalia onion, minced
  • 3/4 cup flour 
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
  • peanut oil or oil of your choice

Combine all of the ingredients except the oil, in a large bowl.  Stir to combine well removing any large lumps.  Heat a very thin coating of oil in a large cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat. Using an 1/8-cup measure, pour out a few cakes so not to over crowd your pan when they spread. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and while still hot, sprinkle with some additional salt & pepper to taste.

Personally I love these cold the next morning for breakfast, yum!!  Since they are so moist with the zucchini, they are great reheated so you can make them in advance.   Top with a little sour cream & caviar for a fancy appetizer.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just love fritters and these really look tasty.

    My sisters and I just started our first themed blog hop over at http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com beginning tomorrow. This weeks theme is appetizers. We would love for you to come over and share these or any of your favorite appetizer recipes with our blog readers. Have a great weekend.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails