Saturday, June 19, 2010

Zucchini Lemon Cookies

IMG_1734We are loving all the zucchini I am harvesting from the garden and so far all the recipes using the fresh zucchini have been a hit.  Maisie asked for some cookies so in another attempt to use some of the zucchini and get some extra veggies into all of us, I decided to make cookies.  These cookies were delicate, delicious, just a touch sweet and loved by everyone.

Zucchini Lemon Cookies

For the Cookie:

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • zest of two lemons
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 1/2 cups flour 
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts 

For Glaze:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg the egg, lemon zest and juice and mix well. Add flour, baking powder & salt and stir well to mix. Stir in the zucchini and nuts. Using a 2 Tablespoon scoop, scoop out cookies onto Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly golden.

While cookies are baking, stir together the glaze ingredients, sugar and lemon juice, until smooth.

Once the cookies are finished baking, remove to a wire cooling rack and while still hot, frost and add the decorative sprinkles then allow to cool completely.

Enjoy!!

23 comments:

  1. Oh, YUM. Can you send me a box?

    I'm so behind on all my favorite blogs. Hopefully I'll get caught up with you sometime this week (or next).

    ReplyDelete
  2. how pretty and love the flavor combo of zucchini and lemon
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these, love that they have zucchini in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous way to use zucchini! Yummy!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have put zucchini in bread and cake, but never in cookies. Great idea and I love the lemon combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumminess! another way to use zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm, YUM! These sound delicious! I love zucchini muffins so I'm sure I'll really like these :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of these before, but I have a ton of zucchini in the freezer so I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they look just lovely! And a good way to make kids eat zucchini too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had carrot cake of course but zucchini in a cookie? Can I have one to taste :)

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sweet treats! Can I have one, please? Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/08/food-trip-friday-chelsea-market-and-cafe/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cookies...anyway, was here for FTF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound and look FABULOUS! I love anything with lemon as an ingredient. The sprinkles add a nice touch.

    I host a weekly foodie meme called Friday Food Fight. I would love for you to link up and share your cookie recipe. Hope to see you in the ring! :-)

    http://deniseisrundmt.com/2011/08/05/mojo-in-my-mojo-marinade/

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look really good. I never thought about zucchini in my cookies.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lisa,
    I can't wait to make these Zucchini Lemon Cookies with some of our garden zucchini. They look so good! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon! Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delish.

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got to admit, I never would have thought of these! They look so yummy and cute! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look great! I had never seen zucchini in cookies until recently, and now I keep seeing all sorts of different recipes for them. The combo of zucchini with lemon sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow for another party filled with GREAT RECIPES!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look super yummy! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, yum! These look delicious! I've made zucchini bread and zucchini fritters, but these I have to try! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails