Friday, May 27, 2011

Mango Lassi

IMG_7732eNow that the temperature outside is heating up my thoughts turn to cold, refreshing fruity blended drinks like my Melon Agua Fresca…can’t wait for our melons to come in so I can enjoy those again.  I also love creamy fruity drinks and whenever we go out for Indian food I always enjoy a mango lassi.  Lassi is so simple to make at home, I don’t know why I don’t make them more often as all three of us really enjoy them and they can actually be quite healthy.  On Wednesday Maisie and I went to the Dekalb Farmer’s Market and they were giving out taste samples of canned mango pulp.  Maisie absolutely loved it and since they had it at an awesome price I picked up a case so we’ll be enjoying mango lassi and other mango flavored treats this summer.

Mango Lassi

30 oz. frozen or canned mango pulp or fresh mango
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (I use either store bought or homemade fat-free Greek yogurt)
2 cups milk (I use skimmed fat-free)
1/8 – 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
sugar to taste (I generally find it sweet enough so I don't add extra)
ice cubes

In a blender combine the mango pulp, yogurt, milk and cardamom and blend until smooth.  Taste and if needed add sugar a little at a time.  I prefer to then pour the mixture over ice but alternately you can add a few cubes of ice to the blender and blend into a thick frosty drink.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I will be trying this. Now I just have to hope that they carry mango pulp at my grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a mango lassie, a while back, but it does not have cardimom and I know that would make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with
    Simply Cook Lisa Cook.
    Hope to see you again next weekend.
    http://www.apexmatch.com/fruitpulp.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails