Friday, August 26, 2011

Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich

I *maybe* eat one or two sandwiches a month as I’m just not a real sandwich lover.  I think in part this due to the fact that I don’t eat a lot of bread and other than my once-in-a-while craving for some nice rare deli roast beef, I don’t eat cold cuts or deli meats.  So between not wanting the bread or the meat, it really cuts down on eating sandwiches.  When I have the desire for a sandwich it has to be something different and really delicious like my Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini or my go-to Fried Green Tomato sandwich at my favorite little lunch place.  And when I have my craving for that rare deli roast beef, well this is my favorite way to enjoy it in a sandwich.

IMG_0137eBakery fresh thin-sliced sourdough bread spread with homemade garlic herb cheese, fresh from the garden tomatoes, super thin slices of rare deli roast beef and baby spring mix salad.  Now this is a sandwich worth eating!

Garlic Herb Cheese

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 TBS salted butter, softened
3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp finely minced fresh basil leaves
1 tsp finely minced marjoram leaves
1 tsp finely minced fresh oregano leaves

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until blended into a spreadable consistency. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours or up to a week to allow the flavors to blend and mellow.  It is best to bring the cheese to room temperature before using or serving.  This is wonderful not only as a sandwich spread but also just spread on crackers or melting in to the top of a hot grilled steak or lamb chop…YUM!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious. I actually crave sandwiches and this one is worthy of eating when that craving hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! That garlic herb cheese pushes this one over the top!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails