Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lacy Cheese Crackers

IMG_4596e1 Today I tried a new recipe for cheese crackers and it was a huge hit with both me and my taste-testing guinea pig friend / cracker hand model Lisa.  I’m not linking this recipe as it’s all over the internet and I read about the crackers on no less than twenty different sites.

Not only are these crackers crunchy delicious but super simple as I made them with just one ingredient…cheese!  Many of the recipes I read added herbs or seasoning but I went super simple and the crackers came out perfect…well after the first batch which I didn’t cook quite long enough.  These crackers are totally addictive and I found them to be quite rich and filling too.

IMG_4614eThe crackers are super thin and crunchy.

IMG_4613eThey hold up beautifully to a nice thick spread of Jalapeno Yogurt Dip. 

IMG_4599eLacy Cheese Crackers

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.  Using a one teaspoon measure, place shredded cheese in six piles spread out evenly on the lined baking pan.  You must leave a lot of space between the piles as these little piles of cheese will spread.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until the color starts to get golden and it looks like all the oil from the cheese has seeped out.  Remove from the oven and allow the crackers to cool before moving to a paper towel.  Allow the extra oil to be absorbed by the paper towel.  Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm making them tonight! I have seen other recipes for cheese crackers like this, but they involved the microwave. I'm happy to find one that uses the oven. Not that I'm against microwaves or anything, but I don't know... I guess I like the oven better? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try making these, but I have never done so! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this on accident when I was baking with cheese one time and it really was good! xD

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails