Sunday, June 24, 2012

Thai Cucumber Salad

It’s that time of year again when our garden is busting with cucumbers so I’m once again on the lookout for delicious ways to enjoy our bounty.  Last summer my absolute favorite way to enjoy the cucumbers was my Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad and though I know that I’ll be making that salad many times this summer I decided to try a new salad this year with our first harvest.  I was reading Roz’s blog la bella vita and she had a recipe for a Thai Cucumber Salad which really caught my attention so with my first cucumber harvest of the season I present my version of Roz’s salad which was wonderfully delicious and going into the cucumber salad rotation for future harvests.  

IMG_4764eThai Cucumber Salad (adapted from here)

  • 5 cucumbers, seeded (you can also peel them if you like)
  • 2 medium red onions
  • 4 Thai red chilies, minced (I left the seeds in for the heat but they can be removed)
  • 1 large bunch cilantro, chopped

Dressing:

Using a mandolin or food processor, thinly slice the cucumber and the onions and add to a large bowl.  Slice the Thai red chilies into rings, leaving in the seeds for extra heat and add to the cucumber & onions.  Chop a bunch of cilantro and also add to the bowl. 

In a separate bowl mix together the dressing ingredients and then pour over the cucumber mixture and stir to coat.  Put the entire mixture in a Ziploc bag and allow to marinate overnight.  This easily keeps in the refrigerator for a good week…if it lasts that long.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, thank you so much for the ultimate compliment of preparing and enjoying my recipe. I love your changes too! Especially the Thai chili peppers! WOW! Now you've got me all excited to make this salad again now, especially with these hot temps that we'e been having! Big hugs and thanks again! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fusion of flavours in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to try this. You get tired of the same old same old. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I love cucumber salads. But not too spicy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails