Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie

IMG_4587E For this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge the participating bloggers were challenged by our hostess Tina, of Moms Crazy Cooking to find the ultimate smoothie recipe.  The way that the Crazy Cooking Challenge works is that each month there is a dish that our hostess Tina challenges the participating bloggers to make.  We all go out searching non-celebrity blogs looking for what we think is the ultimate recipe for that dish and once we find it, we make it and then all on the same day we do our post featuring the recipe and the blog where it was found.  As I said, this month the challenge was to find the ultimate smoothie recipe and in our home Eammon is the big smoothie lover.  One of his favorite flavors is mango so when I came across Chaya’s Mango Melon Smoothie on her blog My Sweet and Savory I knew that I had found my recipe.  I only made two little additions to Chaya’s recipe in that I added 1/2 of a frozen banana which thickened up the smoothie a bit more and added another flavor and I also put in a tablespoon of chia seed gel just because I love adding it to our diet anyway that I can.  Eammon really loved his smoothie and I loved that I got some fruit into him.

IMG_4584EMango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie 

  • 1/4 mango, cut into chunks
  • 1 slice of melon, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 TBS. chia seed gel
  • 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

Place all ingredients into a blender and process until it’s the consistency you desire.

Enjoy!

My previous Crazy Cooking Challenge entries:

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Challenge: Totally Outrageous Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich 
Blueberry Muffins Challenge:  Skinny Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 
Spaghetti with Red Sauce Challenge:  Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter 
Chocolate Cake Challenge:  Double Chocolate Meyer Lemon Mousse Cake 
Chicken Noodle Soup Challenge: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup 
Fudge Challenge: Biscoff Fudge 
Mashed Potato Challenge: Aloo Tikki 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge: Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps 
Mac & Cheese Challenge: Velvety Mac & Cheese

Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Mango, yum! What type of melon did you use, was it honey dew, watermelon? I guess the possibilities become endless with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I love mangoes. I have chia seeds at home, but I never know what to do with them--I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful and I love the Chia Seeds too. What a great way to add all the challenges to your post! Way to go! I have vowed to make smoothies once a day all summer long, breakfast or a dinner substitute on hot summer days and I can't wait to try ALL of the Crazy Cooking Challenge recipes from this month. Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I used mango, also, which I thought was a great choice for summer. Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your glasses!

    And the smoothie sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking! I love the mango!I used it also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I just started using mangoes and we love them. These sound great. Please visit my smoothie (Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Smoothie #49).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! This looks fantastic! Thank you for inviting me over! I love mango and never thought of adding melon to it!! Fantastic! I have to try this smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like an amazing recipe! I am always looking for new ways to use Chia Seeds. Thanks for sharing.

    #36 CCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done so much better than me participating in the challenge. This is my first time in a few months. I've never heard of Chia Seeds - off to research them! CCC #29 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good, mango always makes everything delicious! I look forward to trying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks yummy, I have never heard of chia seed gel before. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those chia seeds are very interesting. I'm going to have to give those a try :) I love the addition of the bananas to thicken the smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, this looks so refreshing and delicious. I love mango and have only just started to use them. I would love to invite you to link up to Creative Thursday link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love mangoes, I love bananas and the chia seeds just take it over the top! What a fantastic smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lisa, Your recipe sounds so delish. I'll have to give chia seeds a try.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never tried chia so I think I will have to try to find this. Stopping by from CCC #34

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love me some Mango! This looks delicious, Lisa.
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground
    CCC #24

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your smoothie sounds amazing. Sounds like a wonderful blend of fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never used chia either but the smoothie sounds delicious! I imagine you can't taste the chia in it. Jen #59

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just made a recipe that called for Chia seeds. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely one lisa, thanks for sharing this recipe, got some chia seeds love to use it in some ways.., book marked

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never used chia seeds ..... your smoothie looks delish! Love those glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my blog (ccc #13). The mango/banana combo sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm new to chia too! Sounds so good! I have big banana and mango fans at my house - this would be a hit with them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just discovered your blog!! I love it! And your daughter is ADORABLE. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow fantastic smoothie, I too participated in this, using chia seeds is perfect, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails