Friday, August 10, 2012

Petit Amuse

IMG_5147eDo you love receiving packages in the mail?  Well I do,so when I was contacted by Ben Appenzeller one of the founders of a new company Petit Amuse and asked if I would like review their site and receive a free sample package I of course said yes.  Petit Amuse was founded by Ben Appenzeller and Dr. Rosemary KuI and they search out the best artisan food producers that you've never heard of and give you a taste of what you didn't even know you were missing.  Their mission is to highlight these small independent food producers and help food lovers discover artisan treats which they may not be able to find locally by bringing the world to your door one bite at a time.  

Petit-Amuse  noun  \pə-ˈtētˈ ä-ˌmüz\

Also known as amuse-bouche. A French term that literally means "mouth amusement."These are tiny bites of food served before a meal to whet the palate and invigorate the appetite. They're more whimsical than hors d'oeuvres, and smaller than appetizers.

For foodies this is such a fun idea and for only $10/month customers can subscribe to receive sample boxes which contain 3-4 samples of specialty foods each month. It's a great deal and I was super excited to receive my package in the mail and we’ve had fun trying treats which we would not have had the opportunity to try.  Now Petit Amuse doesn’t profit from these sample boxes, they work directly with the producers to get samples at cost, they cover their own expenses like shipping and then distribute them to you with no additional mark-up and most of the sample boxes have a retail value of well over $10 (often closer to $20).  Petit Amuse is betting on the fact that sample box subscribers will love what they try and want to purchase more through their marketplace so that pushes them to pick only the best, most unique products to include in their sample boxes

So what delicious and unique treats did I receive?

Garuka Bars ~ Garuka bars are all natural and made with only 8 ingredients: Vermont raw honey, peanut butter, 7 whole-grain flakes, dried cranberries, brown rice puffs, light brown sugar, whole peanuts, and a teeny tiny bit of Vermont’s own Cabot butter., Garuka bars’ natural raw honey sweetener provides long lasting consistent energy, which means it’s a great source of pre-exercise carbs and they’re totally delicious!

Oogies Gourmet Popcorn ~ I received a bag of Oogies Movie Lovers Buttered Popcorn.  Now I adore popcorn and it’s a go-to treat in the Cook Lisa Cook house so trust me when I say, I know my popcorn and this stuff was buttery delicious.  Now I want to try some of Oogies other flavors like their new Hatch Chili Con Queso popcorn…doesn’t that sound awesome.

Caramoomel Ice Wine Jelly ~ I have enjoyed some wonderful ice wine through the years and how fun to have it in a jelly.  Since my package was delivered on a scorching hot Georgia day, my jelly was liquid in a jar but after a night in the fridge it was jelled again and perfectly delicious.  I enjoyed the jelly as a fancy-schmancy afternoon treat with some wonderful cheese.

I also received a little taster of Lark Fine Foods cookies ~ both their Cha Chas & Salted Rosemary Shortbread.  While I loved the chocolate Cha Chas which had a nice little spice to them it was the Salted Rosemary Shortbread which was my favorite and yes I did put a little of the Ice Wine Jelly on the Shortbread and it was awesome. 

I loved my box and it was fun trying out some new and different artisinal products and I’m looking forward to trying more in the future.

If this interests you, check out Petit Amuse and their sample boxes or you can purchase the items I reviewed and more unique products at their online marketplace. You can also “like” Petit Amuse on facebook, or follow them on twitter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails