Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mini Cheesecake Bites

IMG_5164eWho doesn’t just love cheesecake?  I know that it’s a favorite of mine and always has been so I was very excited that our Crazy Cooking Challenge hostess Tina, of Moms Crazy Cooking chose cheesecake for this month’s challenge.  The way that the Crazy Cooking Challenge works is that each month there is a dish that our hostess Tina challenges the participating bloggers to make.  We all go out searching for what we think is the ultimate recipe for that dish and once we find it, we make it and then all on the same day we do our post featuring the recipe.  Sadly, this is the twelfth and final month of the Crazy Cooking Challenge.  It’s been fun participating for all these months and I’m looking forward to hopefully taking on a new cooking challenge in the coming months.

Growing up my Mom used to make wonderful little cookies and pastries for holidays and one of my favorites were her Mini Cheesecake Bites.  Though I have changed her recipe a bit over the years with my changing tastes and diet, these are still totally awesome and remind me very much of my Mom’s wonderful Mini Cheesecake Bites.

IMG_5143eCrusts ready for the oven.

IMG_5144eI added the cream cheese mixture and they’re ready to bake.

IMG_5160eBaked, chilled, decorated and delicious!

Oh and my secret, I love these best straight from the freezer…total YUM!

IMG_5164e Mini Cheesecake Bites

Preheat oven to 375F. Lay the sliced almonds on a foil lined baking sheet and bake until they start to get toasted.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.  Add the toasted almonds to the bowl of a food processor and using the pulse action, process until they are finely ground.  Add the butter, 2 packets of Stevia and the cinnamon and process until well combined. 

Line mini muffin tins with 36 mini muffin liners and add 1/2 teaspoon of the almond crust mixture to each.  Lightly press the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.  Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.

While the crusts are baking and cooling add the cream cheese, egg, 6 packets of Stevia, vanilla bean paste & sour cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and blend until perfectly smooth.  Top each crust with the cream cheese mixture, filling the cup almost to the top.  Bake for 12-15 minutes until the mini cheesecakes are puffed and just starting to get golden on the top.  Remove from the oven and cool completely in the muffin tins. Once cool, remove the cheesecake bites from the pan and refrigerate or freeze.  To serve, top with a piece of candied cherry

Enjoy!

My previous Crazy Cooking Challenge entries:

Fried Chicken Challenge:  Copycat “KFC” Original Recipe Fried Chicken **Voted the ULTIMATE recipe of the challenge** 
Smoothie Challenge:  Mango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie 
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Challenge: Totally Outrageous Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich 
Blueberry Muffins Challenge:  Skinny Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 
Spaghetti with Red Sauce Challenge:  Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter 
Chocolate Cake Challenge:  Double Chocolate Meyer Lemon Mousse Cake 
Chicken Noodle Soup Challenge: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup 
Fudge Challenge: Biscoff Fudge 
Mashed Potato Challenge: Aloo Tikki 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge: Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps 
Mac & Cheese Challenge: Velvety Mac & Cheese

 

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. I love little bites of cheesecake! It is such a rich dessert that little is fine....yours look great. I like that you used almonds and the Stevi.a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love having mini desserts :) Great CCC pick! I'm #16. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a great way to get your treat without overindulging! I'd love for you to stop by - I'm #9 in the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe, but I can't do the Stevia. Do you know what the cane sugar equivalent would be? Thanks so much!

    Sue Brooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try 2 TBS in the crust and 1/2 cup in the cheese mixture. Taste the cheese mixture and add more sugar if you'd like it sweeter.

      Delete
  5. I luv making minis. This is a great recipe. Please stop by if you have a chance, I'm #68.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used Stevia! These are so cute!! #55

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is what I need in my kitchen for those cheesecake cravings! And a lightened up version is always welcome :) #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable! I love bite size foods! Thanks for sharing! Happy CCC Day! #15 ;-) Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy yummy! I don't know if could eat just one.

    Jen 73

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these look so yummy!! I love the bite size! And also that they are healthier using stevia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all things mini! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fantastic! I love that you used stevia, and that you like them best from the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look and sound delicious! And I love the idea of freezing them. What a yummy treat! Thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks yummy.
    stopping by from ccc #57
    Mukta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes! Will make these very soon - especially since I have everything I need already in my kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recipe, they look great!
    thanks for visiting #45

    greetz marina

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic cheesecake! I love the combination of vanilla and cinnamon flavours!

    Stopping by from Crazy Cooking Challenge #59 – I pinned and tweeted your cheesecake!

    Amber
    http://thecookssister.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many cheesecake recipes! I can't hardly resist anything in mini form - these look great =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the mini-cheesecakes.

    Thank you for being a part of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE. Watch for upcoming details about the next years challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These sound wonderful. I bet they are delicious right out of the freezer. #76

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! These look delicious! I love that they are mini because they are so easy to share and transport. I'm pinning them. (I'm # 37)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The perfect size! They look delicious! Thanks for stopping by (#34)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa, I can just see myself popping a dozen of those little babies into my mouth!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These individual cheesecakes look great!! I love the addition of the cherry on the top! Stopping by from CCC#12.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lisa, these would be so perfect and delicious to have a wonderful bite here and there throughout the day . . . and of course without the guilt from a large piece of cheesecake! :-) Hope you've been having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails