Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seared Scallops with Creamy Pesto & Lemon Pepper Pasta

IMG_2959eLast night I raided my freezer and pantry to come up with something for dinner and what I created was pure delight.  I just sort of made things up as I went along but both Eammon and I loved the results so I’ll be making this again.  I also loved that it was quick and not a lot of clean up for such a delicious meal.

IMG_2963eSeared Scallops with Creamy Pesto & Lemon Pepper Pasta

12 oz. large sea scallops
2 servings Lemon Pepper Fettuccini
peanut oil
Wondra (could also use potato starch or corn starch)
salt
Pepper
2 shallots, minced
1/2 cup julienned sweet red bell pepper
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto (I use the last of my homemade mixed with Cibo Naturals brand which I had purchased at Costco)
1 1/2 cups half & half (I used fat-free because that’s what I always have in the house)

In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.  Mix together some Wondra with salt & pepper to taste.  Make sure the scallops are dry and then lightly coat with the Wondra mix.  While the past is cooking heat a heavy (I used my cast iron skillet) pan until searing hot.  Add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.   Add the scallops.  Sear one side and then turning just once, sear the other being careful not to over cook.  Once the scallops are cooked remove to a plate.  To the pan add the shallots and cook quickly until tender, about 1 minute.  Add the red pepper and cook for an additional minute.  Add the pesto and half & half, stirring to combine and cook for 1 minute or until thickened and coats the back of a spoon.  Season to taste with salt & pepper.  Add in the fettuccini and toss to coat.  Serve the pasta with the scallops.

Enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, those scallops are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. This looks so good! I really need to find scallops so I can cook with them. I LOVE scallops.

    I would love for you to link this up to this week's What's Cooking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scallops are so good, then add the that pasta...be still by heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the fun part of cooking - when you can throw things together tasting along the way - and next thing you know you have a wonderful creation to enjoy! Thanks for sharing your creativity! See you next week at Sugar Free Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks scrumptious!!
    Have a super week.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! I am drooling more and more with every word!! Now, I'm hungry... :)
    Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found this dish from This Chick Cooks Wednesday Linky party. It looks amazing and I can't wait to try it!

    Debbie at Life is Sweets (www.life-is-sweets.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that:

    A. I'm still drooling over this.

    and..

    B. I featured this today :)

    And I also changed What's Cooking Wednesdays to What's New Wednesdays {to include more that just recipes}.

    But I hope you'll stop by to WNW and link up your recipes {and more!}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, thanks for sharing the recipe! I would try my hand in cooking this! ;) -Mirage@EatingOut

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks really good. Love pasta! Visiting from FTF!

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delish! thanks for sharing!

    http://faithful-wanderer.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-heart-pastel.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely presentation! I bet it's delicious, too! Happy FTF! Here's my entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/food-trip-friday-nasi-lemak/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i envy your cooking for this one looks so delish that i want to try this dish right this instant

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa,
    This looks like an awesome meal. I just love this recipe and can't wait to make it. Thank you so much for sharing on our 1st Anniversary Party for Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. delish...am drooling too, thank you sharing the recipe too :-) Visiting from Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.jessysadventure.com/2012/01/my-husbands-dinner-for-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need some of this! Basil...scallops...lemon...arrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This look delicious!!! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late. This looks great. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails