Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glazed Lemon Squares

IMG_0471eLemon Bars, when made well, are one of my favorite cookies and I thought that there could be none better than the tried and true buttery and tangy delicious Lemon Squares that I have been making for years because they are the bomb.  But then somewhere I saw a recipe for glazed lemon bars and I realized that I could improve on my favorite Lemon Squares by doing away with the powdered sugar topping and replacing it with a sweet lemony glaze.  Oh JOY!!!  I loved the extra tang of lemon in the sweet glaze and didn’t miss the powdered sugar mess down the front of my shirt and everywhere else.  NOW I make a the most perfect and delicious Glazed Lemon Squares ever!!

IMG_0474eGlazed Lemon Squares

Dough:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confections sugar
1 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix sugar and flour then cut in butter until particles are the size of small peas. Work dough with hands and press in the bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the sides of a lightly greased 13x9-inch glass pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch.

Filling:
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 TBS grated lemon peel
5 TBS fresh lemon juice

While crust is baking, mix flour & baking powder and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir in sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and flour mixture. Pour mixture onto hot crust. Bake 25 minutes or until set and top is slightly browned. Cool completely before topping with the glaze.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 TBS fresh lemon juice

Whisk together the powdered sugar & lemon juice until smooth and then gently spread over the bars. Refrigerate for at least two hours and then cut into squares before serving. Makes about 36 bars.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Mmm, yes, I'll take one (two), please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves lemon squares. Yours look ooey gooey delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy food....i like anything food that has glazed but to sad i dunno how to cook.visiting http://www.travelentz.com/2012/01/cheesecake.html,appreciate if u can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum...the glazed lemon squares looks delish. Visiting from Food Trip Friday. Hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/my-tenderloin-steak/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy, i love to have a taste of it. :) Mine is here

    Sahm’s Dining Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How yummy can you get. As usual, a great sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails