Monday, January 16, 2012

Maisie “safe” No Bake Cookies

IMG_3034e Maisie and I switched up her Math Book and Nutella No Bake Cookies so to make them “safe” for Maisie and her allergies and to also add some extra healthy calories to them because with Maisie’s intense workout schedule at the gym she needs all the calories I can get into her.  The cookies in this recipe are gluten-free and vegan so safe for my girl and according to her, absolutely delicious!! 

IMG_3033eMaisie “safe” No Bake Cookies 

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup chocolate soy milk or “milk” of your choice
1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread or non-dairy margarine of your choice
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or nut or seed butter of your choice
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional, added for extra healthy calories)
3 cup Old Fashioned oats

In a microwave safe bowl combine the sugar, cocoa, chocolate soy milk and buttery spread.  Heat in one minute intervals stirring after each minute until the butter is melted and all the ingredients are combined.  Once the ingredients are all melted and combined, microwave on high for two minutes.  Remove from the microwave and add the vanilla, salt & peanut butter.  Stir to combine until smooth.  Stir in the walnuts & oats until combined.  Drop by teaspoon or medium cookie scoop onto a Silpat or wax paper.  Refrigerate until they are set.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for posting this. Although I haven't been officially diagnosed with any allergy, I strongly suspect one (and have an upcoming dr apt) so I am pretty much trying an elimination diet until my appointment so I can feel better. I feel good knowing I'm not deprived of delicious cookies! They look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good. I am going to give them a try. Nugget LOVES chocolate, so they'll be a hit with him for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa look and sounds absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many calories per cookie/batch?

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails