Monday, November 5, 2012

Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken

IMG_5965e It’s Secret Recipe Club time again, so you know I’m excited, I love this time of month!  This month I was assigned Jessie’s blog Vanderbilt Wife.  I really loved reading her blog, seeing her adorable children and all her wonderful recipes, of which there are many so be sure to click on over and check them out.  I debated back and forth as to which recipe to make but in the end I decided on her Toddler Thai:  Noodles in Peanut Sauce with Chicken.  Jessie’s son is lactose intolerant and she makes this recipe for him and as my Maisie is allergic to wheat, egg & dairy, it was just a simple change of pasta to also make it gluten free and safe for my girl. 

IMG_5950eI sautéed up two chicken breasts as I had them defrosted and thought that I would use the second one in a chicken salad…but Maisie had other ideas.  Somehow between the time I started cooking this recipe and the time Maisie started eating it, she decided that she no longer liked the taste of peanut butter…but that of course could change tomorrow…and can we say finicky little girl???  She ate a little of the noodles and then asked for plain noodles with some of the chicken and ketchup…OY!!  I think she’s seven going on tween and definitely has become much more opinionated and picky.  Oh well, all was not lost with this recipe as I spiced it up a little with some Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce and a bit of Sriracha and what was to be Maisie’s, became Eammon’s dinner.  Maisie’s loss was Eammon’s gain as he absolutely loved the pasta and all the flavors.  And little Miss Picky enjoyed her plain bean thread noodles, chicken and ketchup…oh well at least she ate and got some protein and calories into her…even if she did miss out on a delicious meal!

IMG_5966eThai Peanut Noodles with Chicken

Prepare the noodles according to package directions.  Drain, rinse and set aside.

Season the chicken with the five spice powder and ginger.  Heat a large cast iron skillet and add a thin layer of half sesame oil and half peanut oil.  Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and sear on each side, then cover the pan and remove from the heat.  The residual heat in the cast iron pan will continue to cook the chicken and it won’t get over cooked and dried out.  Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and slice thinly.  To the now empty pan, add the the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, 1 TBS of sesame oil, Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, Sriracha and carrots and heat, stirring to blend well.  Once hot, stir in the noodles and the sliced chicken breast.  Garnish with cilantro and serve.

Enjoy!

My previous Secret Recipe Club Recipe Posts:

Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings 
Fried Green Tomatoes 
Chicken Satay Noodle Salad 
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake 
Candied Popcorn
Fruit, Nut & Poppy Seed Chicken Salad 
Broiled Sushi 
Health(ier) Peanut Brittle 
Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites 
Texas Chicken with Lime Butter 
Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens 
Thin Mint Irish Coffee 
Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies 
Welsh Cakes 
Nutella Crêpes 
Cilantro Lime Chicken 
Holy Guacamole 
and
Home Style Chicken Curry


Secret Recipe Club

17 comments:

  1. Great pick Lisa! I love Thai food, just wish husband wasn't allergic to peanuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thai noodles certainly look a little more cultured than mine! ;) It is an easy recipe to "grow up," though. Thanks for making me look good!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I love Thai peanut anything. My girls go through the same "picky food" phases where they insist they don't like things that they previously loved. Not much you can do but wait it out! I have a little one with allergies too: dairy and peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut noodles are sooooooo good! What a fantastic dinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious chicken. Reminds me that it's been a while since I made Thai. I wish I could have this chicken for dinner right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flavors sound delicious. This is one meal I'd love to sit down to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Thai food and anything with peanut butter is a hit in my book :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your blog this last month. You have so many great recipes here and I'm looking forward to trying more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Thai food. This chicken noodles looks so flavourful and tasty with rich peanut sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great recipe to choose Lisa! Love that it is so versatile and easy to adapt for all food allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make Thai food all the time and this just looks perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to try this one, it looks wonderful!

    I'm a Thai Food fanatic...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh look delicious, love Thai and peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fantastic! I adore Thai food and this sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, LOVE Thai cuisine and this dish looks perfect for my addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love peanut noodles and these really look particularly amazing. The chicken makes them a complete meal. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails