Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fijian Ceviche ~ Kokoda

1385395_10151965017876663_541994582_nThis month for Secret Recipe Club I was able to pretend that I was on an exotic island enjoying an incredibly delicious meal.  Well other than the less than turquoise waters in our backyard, we were able to sit on our dock, under the nice warm Georgia sun and enjoy this delicious Fijian Ceviche and for just that little while, we were transported to that island. 

1384245_10151965018046663_1878201323_nNow that I’m off of my delightful, though delusional island time, let me fill you in on the details.  This month for Secret Recipe Club I was assigned the blog Easily Good Eats.  This blog is loaded with wonderful recipes.  I started scrolling through the recipe index, looking at the usual cookies, brownies, breads, fish & meats but when I came upon the headings of exotic and unusual…well that totally caught my interest.  It didn’t take long to choose a recipe because as soon as I read the recipe for Kokoda (Fijian Ceviche) I knew I had found a winner…and a total winner it was,  We love ceviche and this one with the addition of coconut cream just brings it to a whole different level.  I actually made this recipe within 24 hours of receiving my assignment and since then I have made it three additional times…yes, it is that good!!  I hope that you’ll give this Fijian Ceviche a try and transport yourself to a wonderful and delicious paradise.

1381355_10151965018106663_624852851_nFijian Ceviche ~ Kokoda (adapted from here)

  • 12 oz. monk fish, or other firm white fish, shrimp and bay scallops work well too 
  • 5 TBS. fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup finely died onion
  • 1TBS. finely diced red jalapeno
  • 1 TBS. finely diced green jalapeno
  • 1 TBS. coconut butter
  • 2 TBS coconut milk   
  • 1/2 cup small diced tomato (fresh) 
  • Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Cut the fish into 1/2 inch cubes.  Place the fish, lemon juice, onions and jalapeno in a large ceramic or glass bowl and toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to marinate, stirring occasionally. The fish will be white when ready.

Just before serving pour off the lemon juice and accumulated liquid.  Stir together the coconut butter and coconut milk and gently stir into the fish mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.  Gently stir in the tomatoes.

Enjoy!

My previous Secret Recipe Club Recipe Posts: 

Carrot & Sweet Potato Pancakes   
Chicken Burgers with Spinach & Mushrooms 
Paradise Mango Curried Shrimp 
Laura Goodenough’s Apple Coffee Cake 
Loaded Potato Soup
Lemon Almond Biscotti 
Creamy Mints 
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken 
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings 
Fried Green Tomatoes 
Chicken Satay Noodle Salad 
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake 
Candied Popcorn
Fruit, Nut & Poppy Seed Chicken Salad 
Broiled Sushi 
Health(ier) Peanut Brittle 
Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites 
Texas Chicken with Lime Butter 
Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens 
Thin Mint Irish Coffee 
Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies 
Welsh Cakes 
Nutella Crêpes 
Cilantro Lime Chicken 
Holy Guacamole 
and
Home Style Chicken Curry


Secret Recipe Club

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh! We LOVE ceviche. I will have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing it with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! This looks fresh and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had my blog. So glad to hear you liked it. I haven't made kokoda since I posted the recipe - pleasant reminder that I should soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I've yet to try a ceviche I didn't love, and the addition of coconut milk in this version sounds really amazing.
    It's getting a little too chilly up here in Canada to pretend I'm on a tropical island, but I'm sure it's just as delicious when eaten indoors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, tropical recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LUV ceviche, and this recipe sounds a delicious new variation. Mmmmm, deeeeelicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...I'm a big fan of ceviche, and this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love ceviche. Thanks for this lip-smacking recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails