Monday, July 25, 2011

Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad

This is one of my favorite salads and all summer long it can be found in my refrigerator as we never seem to tire of it.

IMG_9178eI’d have to say that this salad is the first one I think to make when we start harvesting veggies from our garden.  I always make the large batch as listed below and we enjoy it for days but the recipe is easily scaled up or down to fit any ones needs.  Truthfully some days I eat this salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it’s healthy, not too high in calories or sugar and has a good amount of protein from the shrimp.  I think that the salad gets better a few days in because the avocado sort of melts and adds a nice extra richness.  What I generally do, is after a day or two when I notice that there’s no longer any avocado chunks, I’ll dice up another one and add it to the salad as the creamy avocado chunks are one of my favorite parts.  I hope that you’ll make and enjoy this salad and that it becomes a favorite in your home too.   

IMG_9177e Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad

2 lbs small, medium or large (not the tiny salad shrimp) cooked shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tail removed
3 lbs Mango Salsa with Peach (or fruit salsa of your choice)
3 – 4 large plum tomatoes, diced
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
3 avocados, diced (more to be added later if desired)
1 medium Vidalia onion, diced

Sometimes I also add:
The kernels from 4 ears of grilled corn

Place all the ingredients in to a large bowl and gently toss to mix and coat. Cover tightly and chill for a couple of hours before serving.

Enjoy!!

IMG_9173e

19 comments:

  1. Oh,yummy! I can see why this delectable salad is one of your summer favorites :) I hope to try it soon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog today! Your salad looks delicious and something I wish was currently in my own fridge. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. If our weather ever heats up again, I'll give this salad a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun combination of flavors. It looks so yummy. I do love mango salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad looks great - but my favorite part is the name you've come up with! :) Thanks for sharing this week at the Sugar Free Sunday potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks so good! I linked to you from Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits. Thanks for a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful Summer salad! I love avocados, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shrimp salad looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So easy to do and healthy, too, plus the ingredients are available here in our country. I will try your summer shrimp salsa salad one of these days. Happy FTF! I hope you can visit my entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/08/food-trip-friday-peri-peri-charcoal-chicken/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious salad! Thanks for the recipe :)

    Stopping by from Food Trip Friday!

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the recipe, i'm sure my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I'm a self-confessed Shrimp-o-holic,but I never like the idea of eating cold shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love shrimp! One of the kiddos is allergic... boohoo! this looks delish! i'll make it when they're at grandmas! thanks for linking up to foodie friday!! http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/foodie-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh delicious! We make a Mango Fennel Shrimp Salsa here, and as much as we love it I could definitely use a change of pace! Can't wait to try this! Thanks! Visiting from Foodie Friday, I would love it if you stopped by my blog to say hi.

    Mandi at boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't I'll be able to make this but wow, I want to try it. Sad to say, I'm the only salad eater in our family that's why I seldom have it too.

    Visiting via FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lisa,
    Your Shrimp Salsa Salad looks delicious. I just love that combination. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have something similar planned for my weekend lunch - this one looks great! Thanks for linking up to Fat Camp Friday. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Monday! I wanted to thank you for sharing this delicious recipe at Recipe Sharing Monday. You were featured this week!

    The new party is now up and I'd love for you to link up again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails