Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baked Egg Cups two ways

A little ways back I received a comment from Amanda at The Sweet Details that my Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews was featured on Savory Sunday so I popped over to check it out.  While there I found another featured recipe which looked quite interesting, Savory Bacon & Egg Cups and I knew that Eammon would love them and with an easy little change, so would Maisie.  Thus I ended up with Baked Egg Cups two ways.

IMG_8186e

Both versions of the Baked Egg Cups were simple and fast to make and because there’s honestly nothing complicated and there are just a few ingredients, even someone who claims that they can’t even boil water could totally impress making these recipes.  I served these Baked Egg Cups for dinner one night when I needed to make something quick after spending a long afternoon at the pool.  Both versions were loved so I’ll be keeping this recipe as it’s a wonderful dish for breakfast, brunch, dinner or even a late night breakfast meal.

IMG_8192eFirst are the Bacon & Egg Cups which I made for Eammon.  Refrigerated biscuit dough, pre-cooked bacon, eggs, salt & pepper, cooking spray and a muffin tin, easy peasy.

IMG_8196e Maisie’s not a real bacon lover nor does she like seeing the white and yolk of an egg in an unblended form so Maisie enjoyed Baked Scrambled Egg & Cheese Cups. She enjoyed it sliced open with a little bit of butter spread on the biscuit. 

Baked Egg Cups two ways (Adapted from here)

1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 egg for each biscuit you’re going to make
1 slice of pre-cooked bacon for each biscuit
Shredded cheese, I used Fiesta blend cheese because that’s what I had on hand.
Salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350F.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then lay one biscuit into each cup.  Press the biscuit dough so that it comes up the sides of the cups.

Then add one of the fillings:

For the Baked Egg Cups with Bacon:  Cut the bacon slice in half and using one slice per cup, criss cross the half slices pressing into the biscuit dough.  Crack one egg on top of the bacon and add salt & pepper to taste.

For the Baked Scrambled Egg & Cheese Cups:  Scramble one egg and pour over the biscuit dough and then sprinkle with cheese.

Bake the egg cups for 25-30 minutes until the whites are set.  Run a small knife around the edge of each cup to loosen.  Serve immediately.

We did have leftovers which I stored just in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator over night and the next morning I reheated everything in the microwave and the egg cups held up beautifully.  They really were as good as they had been the night before so great to make ahead!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. These looks super yummy! Going on my list of travel-able brunch foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a recipe similiar to this but with a slice of bread instead of the biscuit bottom. These recipes both sound really delicious. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun breakfast to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice breakfast idea and so simple. Really good to know that they held up in the fridge over night too, thanks for the idea, can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped mine in the oven...used crescent roll dough. We'll see how it turns out! I also used crumbled bacon from costco...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out good. I cooked them a little too long, but managed to eat 3...and it's midnight. That's got to be good for the waistline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo I love the Baked Scrambled Egg & Cheese Cups version!!! So glad you liked the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sadly in Australia we don't have "buttermilk biscuits" ....... sob

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails