Monday, July 11, 2011

Red Curry Chicken

We love red curry and my Red Curry Soup is a favorite in our home so when I saw a recipe for red curry chicken wings on Peggy’s My Fiancé! Loves it, So it MUST Be Good, I knew that I had to make it, especially as I had all the necessary ingredients in the house.  Peggy used chicken wings but I decided to use a whole cut up fryer because, well that’s what I had in my freezer.  The marinade was simple to mix together and I did it early one morning planning to bake and serve the chicken that night but Eammon got tied up at work and then the next night he had dinner plans so my pieces of chicken ended up marinating for 2 1/2 days!  I don’t know if marinating the chicken that long added to the flavor or not but the chicken came out flavorful and perfect so nice to know that when I make this again (and I will) I can prepare it well in advance of when I’ll need to use it so I’m thinking, perfect for a party!  Eammon especially enjoyed this preparation and I’m going to give it a try on some wings one of these days, I know that too will be a big hit.

IMG_8719eRed Curry Chicken with Long Beans with Walnuts and Aloo Gobi.

Red Curry Chicken (adapted from here)

1 can coconut milk (I used lite)
3 TBS fish sauce 
2 TBS dark brown sugar
2 TBS red curry paste
1 TBS peanut oil
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 whole fryer chicken, cut in pieces, skin left on

In a medium bowl combine coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, red curry paste & oil.  Mix until sugar is dissolved and curry paste is mixed through.  Stir in the cilantro.  In a very large zipper bag add the cut up chicken pieces and the marinade.  Seal the bag and massage to coat all the chicken pieces well.  Place the bag in a large bowl in the refrigerator and marinate for 6 hours to three days turning once or twice to redistribute the marinade.

When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Remove chicken from the marinade, shaking off any excess.  Place chicken skin side up on baking sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes until juices run clear and skin is crispy. 

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you liked the chicken! Definitely going to try it with a whole fryer chicken next time - sounds like a great idea =)

    Thanks again for trying one of my recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a marinade I would love. Can't wait to give this a try sometime. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails