Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cantaloupe Agua Fresca

Last summer I posted my Melon Agua Fresca using passport melons fresh from our garden but those melons are just starting to come in so I’ve been buying some gorgeous local cantaloupes and making my drinks. 

IMG_9056eIsn’t the color just gorgeous!!! 

I make a full pitcher so that I can enjoy my drinks for a few days.  With the hot temperatures we’ve had this summer often hovering right at 100F, I just can’t get enough of all my summer drinks, Watermelon Frosty, Mango Lassi, Mint Lassi and this Cantaloupe Agua Fresca.  I hope that you’re enjoying summer and sipping on something cool and delicious!

Cantaloupe Agua Fresca

1 perfectly ripe cantaloupe, skin & seeds removed and cut in chunks
6 packets (or to taste) stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
2 cups water

fresh mint sprigs for garnish

Place half of all the ingredients (except the garnish mint sprigs) in a blender and process until very smooth. Pour into a pitcher and then repeat with the other half of the ingredients. Chill until very cold. Before serving give it a stir and then pour over ice, garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is printed and ready to go. I must pick up a nice cantalope. Could I do this with honey dew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any fresh, ripe melon works wonderfully for agua fresca.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chirps of freshness and just what I need for our weather right now. You should link it up to my friday night drink linky over at Foodness Gracious if you have time, people would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to give this a go with these over 100 degree days here in Houston. We all love cantaloupe so I'm sure this would be well received. Love that this is so versatile with any melon as well. Great recipe. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color! I'm drinking some Peach Agua Fresca right now....seriously can't get enough of any type of fresh waters! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so completely refreshing. What a wonderful drink!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I've never had a drink with any melon in it. Looks interesting and very summery.
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails