Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

I have been craving all things avocado and even though they’re wicked expensive this year (what’s the deal with the price this year?) they’ve still been finding their way into a lot of our salads and meals.  The other night I was perusing some cooking blogs and saw a recipe on Jehan Can Cook for a wonderful salad which contained not only avocado but also grilled corn, another favorite in our home, so I just had to make it.  WOW did we adore this salad, so many of our favorite summer time flavors with nice contrasting textures, a bit of sweetness and just a bit of heat…wonderful!!  The best thing, it took mere minutes to make this salad and we enjoyed it as a “dip” eating it on nacho chips as we sipped summer drinks, Watermelon Frosty for me and a more “adult” beverage for Eammon. 

IMG_8865e Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing  (adapted from here)

2 ears fresh corn, husk & silk removed
Juice of 1 lime
3 TBS vegetable oil
1 TBS honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
1 ripe Hass avocado, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro

Grill corn over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes turning as necessary.  The corn should have some brown spots and be tender but not mushy.  Cut the corn off the cob and scrape the cob with the back of your knife to get the juices.  Set aside and let cool. 

In a large bowl whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, salt, pepper, garlic & cayenne.  Add the grilled corn, tomatoes and cilantro and mix well so that everything is coated with the dressing,  Carefully mix in the avocado being careful not to mash it as you mix.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve. 

Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks like MY kind of salad. I will mark it as a "must try."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy avocado deliciousness Batman! Crave worthy. This is a must make recipe and that photo is pure torture. Nommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. My husband was looking at the Sharing Sundays "yellow" recipes with me and clicked on this one immediately. Thanks for linking up again.

    Ellen

    Http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy! I would love it if you linked it up with my blog party, Makin' You Crave Monday, over at MrsHappyHomemaker.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a really nice salad to go long side some meat to make a meal yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks REALLY delicious! I am allergic to avocados (I know, it really sucks) but I'm sure it will be good without them too. Found you from the Jam Hands blog hop!
    http://thebiggreenbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't have any avocados - but just bought some organic corn from the farmer's market this week. Going to make a variation of this tonight! Yum! Thanks for sharing this at this week's Sugar Free Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious. I can definitely see it as a dip also. I linked to you from Recipes I can't wait to try. Thanks for a tasty looking recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl, this is speaking my language! Looks fantastic! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic! My kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely salad and filling too with the corn addition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks refreshing. I absolutely love avocado! I have to disguise it a bit when adding it to the kids dish, but they'll soon agree. Thanks for linking to Foodie Friday!
    http://www.homesandbabies.com
    http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good.

    Thanks for sharing with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa,
    I am drooling, this is an awesome Salad! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds awesome. Right up my alley. Thank you for linking to Fat Camp Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your recipe is one of our featured mystery recipes. I love the dishes you make.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this is an older post, but I just found your blog and started exploring and your recipes look great. I should not be browsing right now while I am hungry for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails