Friday, July 15, 2011

Thai Peanut Salad

So I made and we enjoyed Red Curry Chicken and Red Curry Chicken leftovers but what to do with the leftover-leftover chicken??  I of course opted for a good old standby, throw it on a salad.  But the chicken was so good and distinctly flavored that I couldn’t just use any old dressing so I continued the Thai theme and made a lovely peanut dressing.  Both Eammon and I really loved this dressing as it had just the right balance of sweet, salty, sour, savory and heat, this will definitely be a make again dressing and salad in our home.

 IMG_8818e

Thai Peanut Salad

leftover Red Curry Chicken, shredded

Salad:
1 (12 oz) package of mixed baby salad greens
red, orange & yellow peppers, julienned
Vidalia onion chopped
Tomatoes, large dice
cucumber, sliced and quartered
fresh enoki mushrooms
avocado slices

Dressing:
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 TBS. Whey Low Gold (or brown sugar)
1/3 cup water
1 TBS. soy sauce
1 TBS. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 lime, juiced

Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.

Assemble the salad, top with chicken and avocado slices then drizzle on the dressing, easy peasy!

Enjoy!

IMG_8824e

3 comments:

  1. Oh, super yum! I will make this salad. (I was afraid the dressing was going to have coconut milk in it, but hooray, it didn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, this looks incredible! I love a Thai salad...and I love everything about yours~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I have to make this! Love thai flavours, especially when they also use peanuts!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails